Ok, folks. New year, new you. In 2019, it’s time we maximize our credit card points, visit our top dream destinations around the world, and save thousands of dollars in the process. Well, lucky for you, there are a couple of card bonus offers that are so high that they are, quite frankly, unheard of and unprecedented. Let’s start with our top pick:
The Barclays Arrival Plus. How good is this card’s offer? Well, I personally applied for it. And that’s saying something, because I’m quite picky about my card signup bonus offers these days. However, there are many more reasons to get this card.
- 70,000 points signup offer — this is 40% – 75% higher than usual… can you see why I decided it was time to get this card?
- Earn 2x miles for every $ you spend, earning you a slick minimum of 2% cash-equivalent
- Get 5% of your points back when you redeem
- Book travel your way — no hotel, seat, or airline restrictions
- Miles don’t expire as long as your account is active and in good standing
- No foreign transaction fees
- AND the annual fee is WAIVED the first year
These are ALL of the things we look for in a longterm credit card. In fact, many of my finance friends have personally chosen this card as their longterm credit card because of its simplicity in booking and high reward benefits. The offer on this card won’t last long, so it definitely wouldn’t hurt to follow my lead and apply ASAP!
And now it’s time for the second best trending offer of January!
The Capital One Venture Rewards. This card has really raised the credit card game in the last month.
There are two type of people looking to redeem their points for free travel:
(1) those who want to keep it simple and flexible by redeeming their Capital One Venture Rewards points on any airline, with any seat, and at any hotel. Yep, the Capital One Venture Rewards card does this with flying colors.
(2) those who like to take advantage of arbitrage opportunities and transfer their Capital One Venture Rewards points to one of their new 12 transfer partners. They then simply book directly through one of these 12 partners at a potentially better rate than they could get using their points for travel credit. We especially like booking with Singapore Airlines, and this is one of their new transfer partners!
So whether you found a low fare and want to use your points to waive your travel expenses, or you found a great rate with one of Capital One’s 12 transfer partners and know you can get a better rate by booking directly through that partner’s rewards program, the Capital One Venture Rewards card is the right card for you. Additionally, here are some of the benefits of the Capital One Venture Rewards card:
- 50,000 signup bonus miles
- Earn 2x miles on every purchase, and earn 10x miles on thousands of hotels
- Receive up to $100 application fee credit for Global Entry or TSA Pre✓®
- Fly any airline, sleep at any hotel, and select any seat with no blackout dates
- Miles don’t expire as long as the account remains open
- Annual fee waived the first year
- Named THE BEST TRAVEL CARD by CNBC, 2018
- New transfer partners include Aeromexico, Air Canada Aeroplan, Air France/KLM, Alitalia, Avianca, Cathay Pacific, Emirates Skywards, Etihad, EVA, Finnair, Hainan, Qantas, Qatar, Singapore KrisFlyer
Which card do you like more? Let us know in the comments below!